Musings on music, sports, life in general from Quincy, Illinois.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Triumph

Is it just me, or is The Fox 103.9 playing a little heavier classic rock lately?

I'm not complaining. Grew up on the stuff, after all.

Doc Holiday of 103.9 had a great interview recently with Rik Emmitt of Triumph fame ....

http://www.1039thefox.com/rikemmett-produced.mp3

I saw Triumph in 1993 at Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo, Mich., with my all-time hoser buddy Scott VE. My ears bled for days. Emmett was amazing. Check out his websites, including the myspace site (I think the links are on the fox's site) for more.

Emmett and Triumph are beauty ways to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHERE WERE YOU MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND 07 at the Rib fest in St. Lou? you could have seen Rik for free! He did have some minor sound problems, though. Good show!

Rodney Hart said...

Memorial Day Weekend is Gus Macker heaven in Q-Town. I do see he's in the Chicago area next spring. Hmmmm .... road trip anyone?