Musings on music, sports, life in general from Quincy, Illinois.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New Store Slogan

So I go tonight to a local office supply store which shall remain nameless to buy new cartridges for my HP printer/scanner.

I have four old cartridges, because somebody at this nameless office supply store forgot to tell me when I bought it a few years back it runs out of ink after about 50 copies, which is really printing a Funions set list eight or nine times.

They are $15 a pop. I bring the old ones back because I get $2.50 a piece. Not huge money, but every little bit helps, right?

Right .....

Last spring I returned cartridges and they made me fill out a form and mail it in to get the rebate. So tonight I turn in the empty cartridges, the girl looks up my name, everything is good.

And then I made the mistake of saying I needed to change my address so they'd send the check to the right place.

"Oh, we can't do that here," the girls said cheerily. "But I can give you a number and you can call and get it changed." 

By then the four cartridges have been thrown in a big box, and there are five people in line behind me, and the girls wants to know what I want to do.

This office supply company has a slogan, "That was easy." Bull. "That was a pain in the ass" should be their slogan.

Geesh. Murder trials on the brain are making me cranky.

2 comments:

Allthenewsthatfits said...

Man, I hate that store. Incidents like that are why I use Illinois School Supply whenever possible.

Rodney Hart said...

You and me both for now on, brother ...