Musings on music, sports, life in general from Quincy, Illinois.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Big Brother & the Holding Co., Gus at CMU

Interviewed Sam Andrew today from Big Brother and the Holding Company, Janis Joplin's original band. BBHC is in Quincy Saturday. I respect Sam and the other original members, still rocking after all these years.

Wish I was in town to see them play, but I'm fleeing north to work for Gus in, SOB, the place where I spent the best 12 years of my life, America's University, CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY. It's gonna be great! I haven't spent a weekend in Mount Pleasant in at least 17, 18 years. We used to have the CMU Fantasy Baseball League draft every year and those were always great weekends.

The thing about working for Gus is that we laugh too much to not have a fun, even though it's a lot of work and a long weekend. The drive home Sunday night won't be fun, either.

All worth it though!

No comments: