Musings on music, sports, life in general from Quincy, Illinois.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Long lost adventure



My buddy Wilx is at it again, this time reminding me of a long-lost adventure from the summer of 1986 or 87. 

My vague recollection is that we both spent the summer in GR and were getting ready to head back to school, me to Mount Pleasant and him to Ann Arbor. I said something about my crazy uncles living in Toronto and before we knew it, we had train tickets and a general plan.

I remember walking around the city and taking the subway everywhere. Wilx, an architecture student at Michigan, was amazed by the city's skyline. One night I remember I went to visit my Oma Hart while he went back downtown, still mesmerized by City Hall, the CN Tower and other buildings.

So here's the deal - the first person who can tell me what building I'm standing in, and what they are doing inside the building, wins a Funions CD. It took me a few minutes until it all came rushing back and I'm still sore from laughing so hard ....


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In 1990 got stuck in traffic 2 hrs in "TO" as the natives call it, Ton the way back through, car broke down a ways west of Totonto, luckily chewing gum and dirty underwear can plug a hole in a vauum hose. Checkin into the building, I want that CD!

Anonymous said...

KVA guesses Maple Leaf Gardens

Rodney Hart said...

KVA is correct! KVA should look up RH on the whig.com site so he can send an email with his address, as The Funions CD will go Hoser.

But .... look closely. What is being set up in the middle of the floor?

Anonymous said...

No idea - are those seat backs?

By the way, leafs won the other night. Two in a row. Shocking.

Rodney Hart said...

Wings beat the Blues in a shootout last night too ...

It's a WWE Wrestling ring, Hoser!