Musings on music, sports, life in general from Quincy, Illinois.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Skates



My new skates arrived last week from Hockey Monkey. Click here for more.

Generally speaking I don't like ordering stuff online but I had little choice in the matter.

It took less than a week for them to be delivered (are you listening Musicians Friend?) ....

It's been 15 years since I've bought new skates. All I know is that back in the day, every pair of skates I ever had were really tight and felt like they squeezed my feet.

These skates are huge, size 13 EE, and they are very light and comfortable.

However, I won't really know if they are any good until I get on the ice. And in Quincy, who knows how long that could be.

Still, they are here.

Kevin Murphy of The Whig is threatening to put a team together for an outdoor tournament in Wisconsin in February. I say .... LETS GO! 

1 comment:

Rocky Cola said...

Rodney, the guys I play roller hockey with also play pond hockey.

They need to get with your group as they always call me looking for skaters.

Come out Sunday night @ Scotties from 7:15 PM-10 to evaluate the skills on rollerblades.