Musings on music, sports, life in general from Quincy, Illinois.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Adopted honor

My surrogate mother and father in Quincy, Bob and Anne Mays, rock all the time.

Bob was inducted Wednesday into the Quincy Area Chamber of Commerce Business Hall of Fame. Bob mentioned me as his adopted son during a very funny and to the point speech.

I had to hide behind one of the pillars because I got a tear in my eye ....

God bless you, Bob and Anne!

I sat next to Bob's granddaughter, Sarah Frank, at the luncheon. We started playing the "Dutch Name Game," since Sarah went to Calvin College in Grand Rapids, as did I for one disastrous and foggy year a long, long time ago.

"Look," she said, pointing at some random Quincy business guy in the crowd. "There is Jay VanWingerReimersma!"

I bruised my spleen I laughed so hard.

If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much ....

1 comment:

DJ said...

They are great people even if their name doesn't end in an "a."