Musings on music, sports, life in general from Quincy, Illinois.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Prayers for Matt McElfresh family

Matt McElfresh of the Adams County Sheriff's Department died early this morning in an off-duty accident.

Click here for more.

I knew Matt and he was a great guy. He worked a lot of big dope cases when he was with the Task Force, and if it got to court and I needed to double check something or find out what was really going on, Matt was always the man.

He was aggressive and dogged and if you were a bad guy and Matt got on your trail .... forget it. You had no chance.

I hate writing about deaths and funerals, and I'm going to hate it more.

But that's a distant second to the huge issue at hand - Matt's family, and his extended family at the ACSD.

Peace, Matt. We are so much better off for knowing you for a short time.

1 comment:

Tom McCubbins said...

I just heard the news today and it has struck me like a ton of bricks. Matt and I were old childhood buddies. I vividly remember a few summers spent fishing, riding horses and jammin' to that song Indian Outlaw. You will be missed my friend.