Musings on music, sports, life in general from Quincy, Illinois.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dog Named Blue

The best thing ESPN has done in years is get Don Cherry to do commentary after Stanley Cup playoff games.

You can get a taste here of Cherry's colorful style.

During my one disaster of a year at Calvin College I played on an intramural hockey team called "Dog Named Blue" in honor of Cherry's canine. As I recall, we lost in the championship game in overtime, shades of Cherry's Boston Bruins falling to my beloved Montreal Canadiens in the 79 semifinals.

Anyway, check Cherry out on SportCenter. And ... he's donating his ESPN pay to the Humane Society, God love him.

Never thought I'd ever say that about a Bruins coach.

1 comment:

SheyFey said...

1979? How do you remember so far back Old Man?