Musings on music, sports, life in general from Quincy, Illinois.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Snowy New Year

First of all, a very happy new year to everybody and hopefully it was safe.

I am thinking about resolutions and might post something later.

Meanwhile, I do not miss the long Michigan winters. But I miss the snow and attitudes toward winter people have up here.

Started snowing last night around 7 and never stopped, just a straight down world-in-white dusting.

This morning there's four to six inches on the ground and around here, it's no big deal. Shovel it off, admire how it muffles everything and makes everything so still, and get on with life.

In Q-town, this much snow would shut down everything and the kids wouldn't have school next week.

One of my resolutions is to be more grateful. So. I love waking up to the world in white!

No comments: