Musings on music, sports, life in general from Quincy, Illinois.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Basketball

I ran into Dave Fauble the other day at the tennis courts by QND. He told me about a bunch of guys that get together once a week and play ball at a nearby gym.

So last week I went out for the first time in at least four years .... when Mike Foster left QU, that was the end of the NBA (Noon Basketball Association) and I stopped playing.

It felt great to run again, rusty as I was. Not being able to walk the next two days was a small price to pay, really.

Went back tonight and had a great time with a great bunch of guys, mostly more experienced like myself. I'm still bricking 3-footers, still standing still instead of rebounding, still panting to get up and down the floor .... and I love every minute of it.

Tonight was definitely better than last week, hopefully it will keep getting better.

It better get better. The Herald-Whig Demons open up defense of our Quincy Park District Division V softball championship this Thursday at Wavering, 8 p.m.

For more: www.hwdemons.blogspot.com.

Whose ear is that, anyway?

1 comment:

SheyFey said...

HuH??? What did you say?

You know that a person is usually dead when they are bleeding from the ear? Although your superficial outer ear wound was not fatal, it did look a little sick for a couple of days....