Musings on music, sports, life in general from Quincy, Illinois.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dreaming Of The Beach

I have a friend who is thinking about taking a vacation and sitting on a beach far far away.

It's making me pine for my Uncle Peter's Lake Michigan beach. I'm hoping to get there in August. And that seems like a million years from now, though it will be here in the blink of an eye.

So. Here is the scenario. We need to get there, even though we can't. So let's try a little power of suggestion.

DIRK: I, state your name.
YOU: I, state your name.
DIRK: Am pretending to be on a beach.
YOU: Am pretending to be on a beach.
DIRK: And to the republic for which it stands.
YOU: And to the republic for which it stands.
DIRK: Especially when your toes are in the sand and you have a Goose Island Honkers Ale that is ice cold and you are getting sunburned and every now and then a gorgeous babe walks by your secluded little spot wearing next to nothing and your iPod Shuffle is blasting U2’s City of Blinding Lights and you are doing nothing and enjoying every single second and the world is very far away and ...
YOU: What?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I told you, it's Dennis Quaid and The Cult! Get out of my vacation fantasy, will you?!!!

Anonymous said...

I've seen you walk unafraid
I've seen you in the clothes you made
do you
see the beauty
inside of me
what happened to the beauty
I had inside of me