Musings on music, sports, life in general from Quincy, Illinois.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Front Street

Lots of activity on Front Street last night. Thanks to everybody who came out to see us at Backwaters. Bombshell Translator of Doom even made an appearance!

Before we started I wandered down the street in front of cutters and watched Chris Weinand, Big Jon Walker, Jeff Gire and Danny Mabie play ... I apologize for forgetting the name of the band, but they were freaking amazing. That's four of the best players in Quincy on one stage, Chris might be the best guitar player in town.

Forget it. He is.

The first leg of our World Parking Lot Tour comes to an end this Saturday at The Elks during the fireworks. Mighty one will be joining us and rumor has it bringing his new keyboard, too ...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If memory serves me right, you had the hottest babe at the front taking money too. She deserves some praise for putting up with us drunks!

SheyFey rocks!

Anonymous said...

Saturday night was a good time. The sound was great. I would have liked to seen more people there, but it was a busy night around town. As for this coming Saturday. Friends, food, Funions and fireworks.... Now that sounds like a great time! I've been to a Funions show at the Elks in the past, and the crowds are high energy. I'm looking forward to being a part of this one. I hope CC is there, it's been a while since she's been to a show. I also can't wait to break in the new keyboard....