Musings on music, sports, life in general from Quincy, Illinois.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Flu and missing history

So Monday I spent a miserable day dealing with the flu. Blechh, double blechh.

Got up this morning and felt like I'd been hit by a truck, but at least the thought of eating something didn't repulse me. Got to the office and by about 11 I was dragging, so I went home.

I turned on the presidential inauguration, hoping to catch history. President George H. Bush looked really old. Jimmy Carter looked great. All the other politicians looked like ... politicians.

Obama came out and there was a huge roar and it was quite a grand scene.

Then I fell asleep.

Then I woke up to hear Aretha Franklin absolutely warbling and screaming, and I turned the TV off.

Rats. Flu has a way of interfering with history, I guess.

Well, I assume Obama had lots of good lines and everybody was impressed. Now they are talking about a luncheon and china used by Lincoln and HOLY CRAP is Ted Kennedy still alive?


5 comments:

TOOKIE said...

I have it too



Fever then nose then chest

Rodney Hart said...

You always have a fever.

browneyedgirl said...

I hope you feel better soon, Rotney. I don't want you to be sick :(

TOOKIE said...

Yea and I just hacked up a lung cookie that I named rot-knee .


Trust me this has moved through our house like Sherman through Georgia .

Fever -- then Fever nose explodes with snot --- then noce just drips and fever cough from hell .




Cough starts dry and ends WET and just nasty

Anonymous said...

Stay the hell away from me, both of you! I can't afford to get sick.